You can use a link to join a meeting from Cisco Meeting App. The links can come from one of the following:
- Option 1: If you try to join a conference as a guest through the Web Bridge from a browser that does not support WebRTC, you will be presented with a link that says, “Click here to launch the desktop client”. Click this to open the app and join the meeting as a guest. These links are in the format http://<something> links. They are available both to logged in users, and to guest users who have received a meeting invite through email or other means.
- Option 2: An admin can construct meeting links for a space, a contact or a SIP URI. A user can either click on these links to join a meeting or copy and paste the link into the Cisco Meeting App for desktop to join meetings.
Supported formats are:
- ciscomeeting: firstname.lastname@example.org (a space)
- ciscomeeting: email@example.com (a user)
- ciscomeeting: firstname.lastname@example.org (a SIP URI)
- Option 3: Guest links
A guest link can be converted into a meeting link which can launch the desktop app or can be pasted into the app if already open by replacing "https" with "ciscomeeting".
Can be changed to:
Please see the FAQ for 'How can guest's join a meeting?'
Note: If you are using Microsoft Outlook, add a "url:" prefix to the link so it can be recognised as hyperlink in Microsoft Outlook/email clients.