Use the TURN server capabilities in Cisco Expressway-E X8.11 to connect:
- participants using the Cisco Meeting App thin client (WebRTC app) using TCP port 443 to conferences hosted on the Meeting Server.
- remote Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business clients to conferences hosted on the Meeting Server.
- between on-premise Microsoft infrastructure and on-premise Meeting Server, where no Microsoft calls traverse into or out of the organization.
- standards based SIP endpoints.
- standards based H.323 endpoints.
In addition, the Cisco Expressway-E can be used as a SIP Registrar to register SIP endpoints or to proxy registrations to the internal call control platform (Cisco Unified Communications Manager or Cisco Expressway-C).
Note: Cisco Expressway-E X8.11 supports load balancing of clustered Meeting Servers on Meeting Servers running version 2.4 or later.