There are different behaviours when calling from one deployment to another.
- If two deployments are separate, then the call is a SIP call and the list of participants displayed on the Cisco Meeting app in-call doesn’t work. For example, you can call email@example.com from a Cisco Meeting app connected to your deployment to join a call on examplecompany’s server.
- The better experience is when the two deployments are tenants on the same Meeting Server. The full experience is preserved even though the two tenants have no visibility of each other’s data in searches.
For example, Partner X Tenant A user:
- Can join Partner X Tenant B user’s meeting via their Cisco Meeting PC/Mac/iPad/iPhone app when logged in and can see the list of participants
- Can only see Partner X Tenant A Contacts when searching People
- Can only make point-to-point video calls with other Partner X Tenant A Contacts in the People Directory, assuming they are online
- Can join Partner Y Tenant 1 user’s meeting via their Cisco Meeting PC/Mac/iPad/iPhone app when logged in but cannot see the list of participants
- Can call a Partner Y Tenant 1 user — if the direct dial URL is known