If anything unexpected occurs during or after the upgrade process you can return to the previous version of the Meeting Server software. Use the regular upgrade procedure to “downgrade” the Meeting Server to the required version using the MMP upgrade command.
- Copy the software to the Server/virtualized server.
- To apply the downgrade, use the SSH connection to the MMP and start the downgrade by executing the upgrade <filename> command.
The Server/virtualized server will restart automatically — allow 10-12 minutes for the process to complete and for the Web Admin to be available after downgrading the server.
- Log in to the Web Admin and go to Status > General and verify the new version is showing under System status.
- Use the MMP command factory_reset app on the server and wait for it to reboot from the factory reset.
- Restore the configuration backup for the older version, using the MMP command backup rollback <name> command.
Note: The backup rollback command overwrites the existing configuration as well as the license.dat file and all certificates and private keys on the system, and reboots the Meeting Server. Therefore it should be used with caution. Make sure you copy your existing cms.lic file and certificates beforehand because they will be overwritten during the backup rollback process. The .JSON file will not be overwritten and does not need to be re-uploaded.
The Meeting Server will reboot to apply the backup file.
For a clustered deployment, repeat steps 1-5 for each node in the cluster.
- In the case of XMPP clustering, you need to re-cluster XMPP:
- Pick one node as the XMPP master, initialize XMPP on this node
- Once the XMPP master has been enabled, joining any other XMPP nodes to it
- Providing you restore using the backup file that was created from the same server, the XMPP license files and certificates will match and continue to function
- the Web Admin interface on each Call Bridge can display the list of coSpaces
- dial plans are intact
- XMPP service is connected
- no fault conditions are reported on the Web Admin and log files
- you can connect using SIP and Cisco Meeting Apps (as well as Web Bridge if that is supported)
The downgrade of your Meeting Server deployment is now complete.